Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies
Lacy Lakeview Fire Department Agenda 12-3-15
The Fire Department is accepting applications for new members. The requirements are:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Reside in the city limits of Lacy Lakeview
- No convictions of any felony or arson
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License
- Pass a department background investigation
- Pass a Physical Examination and Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Willing to Serve Your Community on a Volunteer basis
- Must attend training on Tuesday nights and/or optional monthly Saturday drill
Applications are also available at the Police Department and City Hall at 503 E. Craven Ave.
For more information, contact Fire Chief/Fire Marshal Patricia Byars-Faulkner • (254) 799-2458 Ext.2015
Lacy Lakeview Fire Department proudly protects 6,500 people living in an area of five square miles. The department is a separate organization from the city, but receives 100% funding from the city budget. There is one station that house two engines, one utility, one tanker truck, one brush truck and one light tower trailer. The department command structure consists of a paid Fire Chief/Fire Marshal, one volunteer captain, and two volunteer lieuntenants. The department has 23 positions for volunteer fire fighters. The department has one station with a separate office for the Fire Marshal that is located behind Station 1 at 505 East Craven. The City of Lacy Lakeview has an ISO rating of 6. Efforts will continue to lower the city ISO rating.
- No. 1 RULE: Safety of our Responders
- Fire Control
- Property Conservation
Our Services include:
- Fire fighting
- Search and Rescue
- Plan review
- Fire Prevention talks, tours and classes
- Involvement with the community
- Dialing 9-1-1
- The City of Lacy Lakeview provides a 24-hour Dispatch Center at the Police Department. All emergency calls come into this center. A Police unit is dispatched to all fire calls and at the same time the fire department is paged out on a VFH radio based system. A secondary page is sent out on an alpha paging system.
- Fund Raiser: Purchased five-inch supply fire hose and other fire equipment: Donation on water bills are collected monthly. Some funds have been used recently to build a BBQ trailer. This will be used at concerts, community events and fund-raising efforts for the Police and Fire Department. Thank You for your support.
- Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. the Saturday before Easter at Veterans Memorial Park
- Scholarship: The department awards one $500 scholarships to a Connally senior annually.
- The State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas
- The Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- McLennan County Fire Protection Association
- National Fire Protection Association
- International Fire Chiefs Association
- Texas Fire Chiefs Association
Annual activities include:
- MDA telethon on Labor Day
- Fourth of July Parade
Station 1: 505 E. Craven Ave.
Phone: (254) 799-2479 Ext. 2015
Fax: (254) 867-8477
Fire Chief/Fire Marshal: Patricia Byars-Faulkner • (254) 799-2479 Ext 2015
President: Dustin White
Vice-President: Chris Germer
Secretary/Treasurer: Adrian Huff
Volunteer Fire Fighters
Tomas Cardoza, Jr.