Lacy Lakeview is located in the central geographic region of Texas. It borders the City of Waco (the County seat) to its south and the City of Bellmead to its east. Dallas/Fort Worth is approximately 85 miles to the north, Austin is approximately 100 miles to the south, San Antonio is approximately 160 miles to the south, and Houston is approximately 180 miles to the southwest of Lacy Lakeview.
Lacy Lakeview has a sub-tropical climate, with a mean annual temperature of 67.2. The average minimum temperature for December is 38.7, while the average maximum temperature in July is 96.4 . The average relative humidity is 68%, the annual rainfall average is 33.33 inches and the growing season is 253 days.
The Lacy Lakeview corporate limits encompass approximately seven square miles.
Lacy and Lakeview were once two cities until they merged in the early 1950s. The City of Northcrest merged into the City of Lacy Lakeview in 1998.
- 2010 – Lacy Lakeview had a population of 6,489 of total McLennan County population of 234,906
- 2000 – Lacy Lakeview had a population of 5,764 of total McLennan County population of 201,500
(Source: 2010 U.S. Census)
- White 63.8%
- Hispanic or Latino 23.8%
- Black or African American 20.6%
- American Indian and Alaska Native 0.7%
- Asian 0.9%
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander —
- Other 0.8%
Lacy Lakeview is a Council/Manager form of Government in a Home Rule setting. The City has an excellent Volunteer Fire Department with two fire stations. The Police Department has 14 officers and works to keep the crime rate low, with a high clearance rate on cases.
The City of Lacy Lakeview boasts one of the lowest property tax rates in McLennan County at .35 per $100.
- Water/Sewage – City of Lacy Lakeview (254) 799-2458
- Electricity – Power to Choose
- Gas – Atmos Energy (888) 286-6700
- Telephone/Internet/TV (866) 937-7506 for a list of providers
Connally Independent School District, a 3A school system, or the La Vega Independent School District in Bellmead provide excellent educational opportunities and a dedicated teaching staff for students in kindergarten through high school. Area colleges include Baylor University, McLennan Community College and Texas State Technical College Waco.
- Highways: I-35, Hwy 77, Hwy 84, Texas State Hwy 6, and the Farm-to-Market system are all accessible in Lacy Lakeview.
- Railroads: Union Pacific and Southern Pacific.
- Airlines: The Waco Regional Airport is 10 minutes west of Lacy Lakeview and is served by American Eagle.
- Buses: The Greyhound Bus Terminal is downtown Waco, 10 minutes south of Lacy Lakeview.
The religious needs of Lacy Lakeview are served by several places of worship representing various denominations and multiple faiths.
Waco has two fully accredited, not-for-profit hospitals within minutes of Lacy Lakeview.
- Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center is a 237-bed acute care facility. (254) 202-2000.
- Providence Health Center has 214-bed acute care facility. (254) 751-4000.
- Family Practice Center at Connally
- The Veterans Administration Hospital is 15 minutes south of Lacy Lakeview. The facility has 1000 beds for medical/hospital care and 84 beds for residents under normal nursing-home supervision.
- The McLennan County Rehabilitation Center and the Heart of Texas Mental Health and Mental Retardation Center provide assistance and education for the handicapped.
- DePaul Center, next door to Providence Health Center, offers assistance and counseling to those in crisis situations.
- The area is also served by health clinics affiliated with Hillcrest, Providence, and Scott and White Hospitals.
- East Texas Medical Center service provides excellent emergency response throughout the McLennan County area.
- Waco Tribune Herald (daily)
- Community News (monthly)
- The Lariat-Baylor University publication (daily T-F)
- The Highlander-McLennan Community College publication (bi-weekly)
- The Waco Citizen (weekly-Thursdays)
- Tiempo (weekly)
- KBBW 1010 AM Contemporary Christian
- KRZI 1660 AM Sports
- KBCT 94.5 FM News/Talk
- KBGO 95.7 FM Oldies
- KWTX 97.5 FM Top 40
- WACO 99.9 FM Country and Western
- KBRQ 102.5 FM Classic Rock
- KWBU 103.3 FM Public Radio
- KWOW 104.1 FM Spanish
- KIXT 106.7 FM Country
- KDOS 107.9 FM Hip Hop
- KCEN NBC Channel 6
- KWTX CBS Channel 10
- KXXV ABC Channel 25
- KCTF PBS Channel 34
- KWKT FOX Channel 44
- KAKW WB/UPN Channel 62