City of Lacy Lakeview accepting letters of interest to fill vacant council seats

The City of Lacy Lakeview is accepting letters of interest to fill the vacant council seat. All letters must be turned in to the City Secretary’s Office by 5 p.m. June 2, 2017.


The Lacy Lakeview City Council is looking to fill a vacancy on the city council. If you are interested, please submit a letter to:

City Secretary’s Office

501 E. Craven Ave.

Waco, TX. 76705

Michelle Hicks

Please see qualification below.

(1)  Enumeration.

To be qualified, a person must:

(a) Be 18 years of age;

(2)  Be a citizen of the United States;

(3) Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgement of a court;

(4)  Have not been finally convicted of a felony or, if so convicted, must have:

(a) Fully discharged his sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or

(b) Been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote;


Each Council Members shall be a citizen of the United States of America and a registered qualified voter of the State of Texas and shall be at least18 years of age; and shall live within the Corporate Limits of the City of Lacy Lakeview; shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City of Lacy Lakeview, the former City of Northcrest or in a newly annexed area for at least one (1) year preceding the Election at which they are candidates.   They shall not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or other liability due the City nor be disqualified by reason of any provision of any other section of the City Charter.

A member of the Council ceasing to possess any of the qualifications specified in this section or any other section of this Charter, or convicted of a felony while in office, shall immediately forfeit the office.

In accordance with state law no member of the Council shall hold any other public office within the City, except that of Notary Public or member of the National Guard, Navel or Military Reserve or be a retired member of the Armed Forces.